Have disc to recover Admin. password, but I can’t figure it out!

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Have disc to recover Admin. password, but I can’t figure it out!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jodip34 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jodip34

Please don’t laugh, I am just beginning to learn about computers. My sister has given me one, but she does not know the password, I can reboot the computer to the loggin screen but of course that’s as far as I can go. My friend at work, lent me a disk that should allow me to reset the Admin. password, but I am confused by it. It states “that default settings were usually ok & to enter through the steps” I do have tried doing this & I have tried changing the password, but I just can’t figure it out. I have been told to bring it up in safe mode and try there, but what good is that? It brings me back to the loggin screen & I still have no password. I am in desperate need of help. I have signed up at the Technical School, to start taking computer classes and I can’t even get on the computer! Duh! Huh!

Wired

Re: Have disc to recover Admin. password, but I can’t figure it out!

What operating system does this computer have?
    Where did it come from?

jodip34

The operating system is XP home –
    The disc was made for me by our technical department at work (I work for the City of Chattanooga)
    Bought the computer from my sister 2 years ago.

Try reading this and see if that helps.

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Let me know.

jodip34;74843 wrote:
    Please don’t laugh, I am just beginning to learn about computers. My sister has given me one, but she does not know the password, I can reboot the computer to the loggin screen but of course that’s as far as I can go. My friend at work, lent me a disk that should allow me to reset the Admin. password, but I am confused by it. It states “that default settings were usually ok & to enter through the steps” I do have tried doing this & I have tried changing the password, but I just can’t figure it out. I have been told to bring it up in safe mode and try there, but what good is that? It brings me back to the loggin screen & I still have no password. I am in desperate need of help. I have signed up at the Technical School, to start taking computer classes and I can’t even get on the computer! Duh! Huh!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.