Group Policy Not applied

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Akila 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    masres

I’ve a Win2k3 Domain default domain policy is applied for all password,lockouts etc.I’ve now changed the password length to 8 Characters from 6 but users are still able to use 6 characters passwords…I’ve checked everything apart from this one more strange thing is happening i;ve multiple OU in my AD as per diff depts and policies are configured as per their need.There are some site exception for IE configured.but now off and on sites which are bypasseed askin for proxy user name and passwd means policy is not applying on some persons in a OU..Only thing which i found out block policy inheritance is enabled on default domain controllers policy…

Can someone pl guide me on this ….

Rajnish

Ossian

Re: Group Policy Not applied

What happens when you run group policy results?
    Have you actually tried changing passwords — the policy will only kick in to enforce the next password change

Akila

I don’t think you could create a Password policy per OU , think the configuration is one per domain.

Ossian

I don’t think he did — he mentions the default domain policy
    The OU policies are something different

Akila

C:WINDOWSDebugUserModeuserenv.log, would give you all the answers you need 8)

uk_network

I had this issue once, so i created a new gpo called password policy set the settings there, and left the default domain policys settings for that section as not configured, tested and it worked straight away.

Rems
    Rems

masres;130753 wrote:
    Only thing which i found out block policy inheritance is enabled on default domain controllers policy…

If the users are domain users the policy must be apllied to the DC’s (holding a copy of the database and authenticate users).
    If the users were local computer accounts the policy must be applied to the clients,

Rems

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.