Group email boxes alerts for archiving purpose

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Group email boxes alerts for archiving purpose

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar praveenkumarojha1 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    irfy4u

We are using a few Generic Mailboxes in our organisation. These Mailboxes are not monitored on a daily basis. Is there a way we can set up an Alert email to be sent out from the mailbox automatically when the storage is reaching a Capped Quota Limit?

Re: Group email boxes alerts for archiving purpose

Yes, it is possible, no I don’t remember how to do it.

To make it easier, I’d group all the unattended mailboxes in one store and then set size restrictions. You can set it in ESM to fire off email alerts when the mailboxes reach a certain percent capacity. You could also set them to disallow sending/receiving when they reach near-capacity. The alerts are for individual mailboxes, but they are set at the store level.

I wish I could help you with the particulars, but I don’t have an Exchange box to play with anymore.

tehcamel
    tehcamel

set quota on mailboxes.
    set warning when quota is in threat
    set transport rule to notify administrator as well as mailbox itself:

http://ibenna.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/configuring-mailbox-quota-messages-to-messaging-administrators/

or, using any existing monitoring system, write a powershell script:
    1. import mailbox names from a list
    2. get-mailboxstatistics
    3. if data above quota, trigger alert in moinitoring system.

run script once a day.

Ossian

Ahem… user appears to be on Ex03, so not sure if transport rule (or powershell) will work

tehcamel
    tehcamel

oh.. yes/.. sorry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.