GPO'S Moving Back And Forth

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory GPO'S Moving Back And Forth

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kobe 310 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310
    Participant

I have 2 DC’s both server 2016. 1 (1st)AT my location and 1 (2nd)at an offsite location. 1st DC primary DNS is pointed to loopback address, secondary is pointed to the 2nd one. The  2nd DC, i had primary as its own ip address, not loop back and secondary as the 1st DC. I  create all gpo’s on the 1st DC and they have always replicated to the other one another…..

I had created a gpo for testing purposes, and it disappeared the  other day. i didn’t care about it so i moved on to the next test and created a 2nd gpo. i worked on it for a few days and just a half hour ago, i restarted the DC and the gpo i was working on disappeared, and the 1st one that was missing was back. So i logged in the offsite DC, and saw the one that i was working on was over there.

So i restarted the 1st DC again, thinking it would switch back but it didn’t

For trouble shooting purposes, if this means anything, didn’t think too much about it at the time, but when i would open up Group Policy, the tree on the left side used to open full, now it’s closed and i have to open the ou’s up to get to where i want to go. Also, sometime, when i select an ou, it says i don’t have permission. So i will select a different ou, go back to the ou that wouldn’t open and it will open.

Any ideas,

Thanks

Kobe 310
    Participant

i just realized, the users and computers in the ou i was working on moved to the 2nd DC as well. So i turned off the 2nd DC like i did the 1st, about 10 minutes later, the users and computers were on the 1st DC again. The 1st GPO is still there, but the 2nd gpo didn’t.

Ive turned the 2nd DC back on, the users and compuers are still there, and the 2nd gpo is still there. Its been about 5 miniutes

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Kobe 310.

Kobe 310
    Participant

everything is back to normal since restarting.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Kobe 310.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.