Game First Run Error

Home Forums Other Misc Game First Run Error

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kyuuketsuki 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi,

So, I was going through some of my archived games the other day and updating or getting rid of those that no longer seemed to work on Win 10.

I used to be a huge fan of the Wing Commander series so you can probably imagine my excitement when I found Wing Commander Saga – Darkest Dawn which I immediately downloaded and installed. You can probably also imagine my disappointment when I tried to run it (even after patching) and got this:

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”full”,”title”:”WCS Error”,”src”:”http://www.wcsaga.com/media/kunena/attachments/3847/WCScreenshot.png”}[/IMG2]

I posted a query at the wing commander site and basically got nothing so, although I know you guys mostly deal with more serious stuff, I figured I’d ask the experts (nothing like a bit of flattery to pave the way, eh? LOL).

Clearly, it’s somehow graphics controller related which is very disappointing since I had a brand new Radeon 486 Graphics card as a present for my birthday from my older brother.

Anyway, any ideas?

Thx

Keke

Ossian

SOrry, no real ideas, although you could try going into device manager and changing your graphics driver to the generic Microsoft one – if that fixes it, it is down to the Radeon drivers, and it becomes your call whether to stay or move

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
    Ossian;n510986 wrote:
    SOrry, no real ideas, although you could try going into device manager and changing your graphics driver to the generic Microsoft one – if that fixes it, it is down to the Radeon drivers, and it becomes your call whether to stay or move

Good idea. Unfortunately didn’t work. Thx anyway :)

Keke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.