Forwarding mails using OWA

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Forwarding mails using OWA

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

When a user is on a holiday I want them to set an out of the office message and a forward to their colleague.

I found that this is fairly easy by using the OWA.

Question :
    is there a way to restrict that the forward address can only be an address on the same domain ?

I would like to avoid this to be used by someone to forward any mail to a gmail, hotmail etc. account

Ossian

Re: Forwarding mails using OWA

Which version of Exchange is being used?

Anonymous

I am sorry, forgot to mention :-(

I am using Exchange 2003

Ossian

OK, this tells you how to ALLOW external OOF replies, so I guess reverse the setting in step 4….
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821899

Thank you, :google:

Anonymous

I am sorry that I might not have made myself clear.

It is not the out of the office reply that I want to restrict.

It is making a forward to an off-domain e-mail address which I want to restrict

So you can make a forward from [email protected] to [email protected] but not to [email protected]

FischFra

At the same location where the provided link tells you to configure OOF is another option for “Allow automatic forward”. Unchecking this option will prevent users from forwarding (externally only if I remember correct). If you want to enable this feature for special domains you can just create another rule set specifically for this domain.

Ossian

Also set up (human) policies to disallow such forwarding and appropriate sanctions if someone does so

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.