Outlook Express 5 store messages in a *.dbx data file. Could you show me the way how to get message insize a *.dbx file. Is there any special program take this function?
Maybe you should look through the sites of Microsoft’s products.
Or maybe you should try to manually recover the mail? try to do the following:
To resolve this behavior, rename the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then restart Outlook Express. Follow these steps:
1. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Outlook Express.
2. Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
3. In the Search for files or folders named box, type Pop3uidl.dbx, and then click Search Now.
4. Under Search Results, right-click the Pop3uidl.dbx file, and then click Rename.
5. Type Pop3uidl.old, and then press ENTER.
6. To start Outlook Express, click Start, point to Programs, and then click Outlook Express.
[MOD EDIT SPAM LINK REMOVED]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.