Explicitly change the Exchange AD Site by using Registry

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Explicitly change the Exchange AD Site by using Registry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Albertwt 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Albertwt

Hi People,

I’ve migrated the Exchange Server with the new IP address from the old Office building to the new Data Center, but somehow when I run the command below:

Get-ExchangeServer | ft Name, *site*, *Current* , OriginatingServer -AutoSize[/CODE]

all of them still pointing to the old Domain Controllers (DC/GC) that I will be commissioning now.

I’ve just confirmed from the “[B]Active Directory Site and Services[/B]” console from RDP to my Exchange Mailbox server, expanding the SitesSubnets 10.8.8.0/24 in General tab shows the AD site as “DC-Production-Site” the new AD site served by the new PRODDC1 and PRODDC2 AD/DC servers.

somehow the result from the command prompt running (nltest /dsgetsite) command from the PRODExcMBX1 shows the result as “HQ-Office1-Site” which is the old AD site served by the old oldDC1 and oldDC2 AD/DC servers.[CODE]Get-ExchangeServer | ft Name, *site*, *Current* , OriginatingServer -AutoSize[/CODE]

all of them still pointing to the old Domain Controllers (DC/GC) that I will be commissioning now.

I’ve just confirmed from the “Active Directory Site and Services” console from RDP to my Exchange Mailbox server, expanding the SitesSubnets 10.8.8.0/24 in General tab shows the AD site as “DC-Production-Site” the new AD site served by the new PRODDC1 and PRODDC2 AD/DC servers.

somehow the result from the command prompt running (nltest /dsgetsite) command from the PRODExcMBX1 shows the result as “HQ-Office1-Site” which is the old AD site served by the old oldDC1 and oldDC2 AD/DC servers.

Albertwt

Re: Explicitly change the Exchange AD Site by using Registry

Can I just change the registry in:

Quote:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesNetlogonParameters
    Name: HQ-Office1-Site
    Type: REG_SZ

into the new AD site followed by issuing the Powershell command:

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC1 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC1

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC2 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC2 [/CODE]

For all of the Exchange Server followed by reboot ?[CODE]Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC1 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC1

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity PRODExcMBX1 -StaticConfigDomainController PRODDC2 -StaticGlobalCatalogs PRODDC2 [/CODE]

For all of the Exchange Server followed by reboot ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.