Exhange 2003 relay for external IP

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exhange 2003 relay for external IP

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar [email protected] 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lfbeto

Hello,

We have a hosted app that is on a server that is not part of our domain/network. This server now needs to send users emails and needs to user our current Exchange server as a relay. I know how to set up internal devices for this, but I have never needed to set up a server to relay outside of our network. Can someone help with this? Thank you.

wullieb1

Re: Exhange 2003 relay for external IP

lfbeto;282672 wrote:
    Hello,

We have a hosted app that is on a server that is not part of our domain/network. This server now needs to send users emails and needs to user our current Exchange server as a relay. I know how to set up internal devices for this, but I have never needed to set up a server to relay outside of our network. Can someone help with this? Thank you.

On the server that is sending the email first setup a smart host on your internet connector with the IP address of the relay server.

Thanks for the reply. I do not manage the hosted server, but I’ll see if they can do that. Is there any way possible to have this remote system send messages through activesync like a smartphone, or would that be worse securitywise?

wullieb1

lfbeto;282703 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I do not manage the hosted server, but I’ll see if they can do that. Is there any way possible to have this remote system send messages through activesync like a smartphone, or would that be worse securitywise?

They should be able to do it. Its a simple as adding a smarthost. I presume the hosted app is using exchange.

No, they do not have an Exchange server. This is why they need to relay off of my Exchange server. Users on my network RDP into this hosted server. The app they use will need to send messages to my users through my exchange server.

lfbeto;282743 wrote:
    No, they do not have an Exchange server. This is why they need to relay off of my Exchange server. Users on my network RDP into this hosted server. The app they use will need to send messages to my users through my exchange server.

lotus%2065%20faxmaker%20default%20smtp%20server%20properties.png

From ESM drill down into your SMTP virtual Server and add the IP address of the server as a relay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Software-Defined Backup Storage: Agnostic, Easy and Cloud-Ready

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By