Exchange 2010 weird behavior

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 weird behavior

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Sembee 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    balluche

Hi all

Lately i just migrated an 2003 exchange server to 2010. At the Exchange command shell, When i try to give some (not all) command, nothing happens. it just jump to the command prompt again.
    I’ve gived the ” Get-RoutingGroupConnector” command. nothing happens.
    When i gived “Get-RoutingGroupConnector | Remove-RoutingGroupConnector”, i got
    this sign “>>” and a blinking cursor without anything to happen.
    1st time i see this. does anyone knows whats wrong

Thanks in advance

Ossian

Re: Exchange 2010 weird behavior

the >> means you are in the middle of a cmdlet which is expecting input
    CTRL+C to get to the normal c:usersadministrator> (or whatever) prompt then try again

balluche

Hi Ossian and thank you for your fast reply as always :razz:

I just dont understand why when i give a regular command like Get-RoutingGroupConnector nothing happens.
    Do you have any idea?

Ossian

Do any of the Exchange cmdlets work?
    Do other cmdlets work (e.g. get-help)?
    Are you on the exchange server or on another machine?

balluche

Yes indeed. Thats what make this even more weird. Get-help for instance or Get-Command works. I Wanted to create a new routingGroup Bcoz of flowing mail problems between both servers. The command Get-RoutingGroupConnector
    Doesn’t respond. No error nthing. Just jump back to the command prompt

Sembee

If you type in

get-routinggroupconnector and then press enter and nothing comes back, then you don’t have a routing group connector.

It only returns results if there is something there to return.

Simon.

balluche

Ok i understand and got to apologize for wasting your time. I got a little confuse when i gave this command before New-RoutingGroupConnector -Name “domainrouting” -SourceTransportServers “server1.domain.com” -TargetTransportServers “Server2.domain.com” -Cost 10 -Bidirectional $true -PublicFolderReferralsEnabled $true. I did this and was certain to have a routing group as it should be.
    For some reason it didnt happen. Then i read somewhere that some problem can appear with the Exchange Shell command. All i got to do is to delete c:usersuserappdatamicrosoftexchangepowershell folder, than run the again the shell and it will fix it. Then i ran again the adding routing command. Did the Get-RoutingGroupConnector again, and now all is fine.
    I really appriciate the time and the effort of you both Sembee and Ossian.

Again, Thank you :oops:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.