Exchange 2010 hybrid office 365 ssl expiring

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 hybrid office 365 ssl expiring

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hupa 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • MarkJones
    Participant

Hi all.

Does the Hybrid configuration wizard need to be re-run after updating an SSL certificate.

Our SSL is soon to expire, it’s a wild card certificate used on several servers within our ORG. About a month ago I run “New Exchange Certificate” on our Exchange 2010 server. This produced a new CSR which I uploaded to Go Daddy. On the Go Daddy site I used the RE-KEY option to generate a new SSL Certificate. So I still have a wildcard SSL cert from the same CA provider. In Exchange 2010 I now have 2 certificates available for my wildcard domain address (one is about to expire the other is now valid for 2 years) I understand I need to assign Exchange services to this new SSL cert, after assigning the services (SMTP & IIS) to this new SSL certificate, DO I NEED TO RE-RUN THE “HYBRID CONFIGURATION WIZARD”?

Regards

Ossian

Not one I’ve met, but it appears you “may” have to re-run the wizard. My friend Mr :google: suggests https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/…configuration/ that if the certificate is unchanged, no, otherwise re-run.

hupa

Thank you for your input.

After posting this, last night I had a thought………… As I currently stand I ran the “New Exchange Certificate” option, this may been the wrong direction…. Should I have just run the option to “Renew Exchange Certificate”. This would update the expiry date, and from what I understand, I may not need to re-run the Hybrid configuration wizard. What do you think?

Regards

hupa

Hi.

Just wanted to follow up on this post in case it helps someone else. In the end I just assigned services to the new SSL Cert (IIS and SMTP) I chose to overwrite the current SMTP certificate when assigning the services wizard. So far no problem with Outlook or SMTP delivery.

Running ‘Renew Certificate” creates an new instance of SSL Certificate anyway.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.