Exchange 2010 – Creating multiple Hub Transport rules against 1 email address fault

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 – Creating multiple Hub Transport rules against 1 email address fault

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  amith_visu 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • MoonPie

Hi Team, any assistance would be appreciated with my issue:-

I have approx 8 Transport rules set against 1 mailbox but only the 1st transport rule i have created will operate.

What the users want:- They want rules on a group mailbox created to send any emails with a specific word within the body of the message, to be redirected to a specific user.
    EG. if the body of the email contains the word Bob Marley, they want the email sent to [email protected].

But there are 8 users who require to have this rule created for. Currently i have created 8 individual rules against the 1 email address but only the 1st transport rule actually works.
    I can see that i can change the priorities but i need all incoming emails to this mailbox actually redirecting to the appropriate individual (according to the name in the body of the message)

Rule 1:

Apply rule to messages
    Sent to ‘[email protected]
    and when the Subject field or message body contains ‘Bob’
    Redirect the message to ‘[email protected]

Rule 2:

Apply rule to messages
    and when the Subject field or message body contains ‘Jane’
    Redirect the message to ‘[email protected]

Rule 3

Apply rule to messages
    and when the Subject field or message body contains ‘Sam’
    Redirect the message to ‘sam@email.com

ETC ETC

I cant see anything stating that i cant have multiple rules running for 1 mailbox but i cant really find anything stating that you can either
    If you could please advise if this is possible or something i need to change?

Many thanks in advance

Ossian

IIRC there is a rule option to “stop processing further rules” Is this set?
    Also have you manually worked out the flow to ensure one rule does not make changes that prevent other rules firing?
    Finally, are you sure about the processing order (see a useful post in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1860c1c3-5cfc-4aca-954d-b5721a2fdd6a/transport-rule-processing?forum=exchange2010 for more details)?

amith_visu

Hi
    Unfortunately there is no where to locate this setting to change ‘Stop Processing Further Rules” within the EMC Exchange 2010.
    Unless i am missing something, could you please provide further info towards this location?
    Thanks

Ossian

Have you tried Powershell?
    set-transportrule

I know the stop processing further rules option exists in Exchange Online, but you will need to check for 2010

amith_visu

Hi Ossian, Sadly i lack skills in the powershell world. Any online tutorials you could point me in the right direction please? [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”large”,”data-attachmentid”:518584}[/ATTACH]

Ossian

It looks as if you are in vanilla PowerShell, not the Exchange Management Shell, which includes the Exchange cmdlets.

I would suggest that, as a sysadmin, you learn PowerShell as it is definitely the future. For resources, look at the sticky in the PowerShell forum here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.