Exchange 2003 doesn’t receive email

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Exchange 2003 doesn’t receive email

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    galbori

It’s a strange thing, when I try to send an email to my address inside exchange, I obtain this error:

Reporting-MTA: dns; cp-out3.libero.it
    Received-from-MTA: dns; wmail51 (172.31.0.241)
    Arrival-Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 23:19:36 +0200

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
    Action: Failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; mail.giben.it
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]

if I change the relay configuration in SMTP Virtual server (Access –> Relay restriction –> All except the list below), but I don’t want this configuration.

Recently I’ve changed my Exchange computer, but for a couple of days everything is worked

Sembee

Re: Exchange 2003 doesn’t receive email

The setting you have applied turns the server in to an open relay.
    The most common reason for not accepting email is that the domain isn’t listed in Recipient Policy, which is what controls the email domains Exchange accepts email for.

Simon.

Anonymous

Thanks for you replay Simon
    Really in Recipient Policies there is the Default Policy [e-mail addresses].
    In it was just listed @giben.local, not @giben.it as SMTP address. Now I’ve added @giben.it and everything seems to work.
    My only doubt is: I have another policy named Giben to set building rule for email address and here there was a line for giben.it in this format: %1g.%[email protected]
    It was not sufficient?

Sembee

It is best practise to separate email address generation from the list of domains that Exchange accepts email for.

Therefore the best practise is:

– The default recipient policy isn’t touched.
    – A recipient policy for each domain is created, but with no filter, so it doesn’t apply an email address to items.
    – You then create a recipient policy to apply email addresses to the objects.

Simon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.