Excel columns repeated in same sheet

Home Forums Office Office XP / 2003 General Issues Excel columns repeated in same sheet

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Blood

Hi

Does anyone know what is happening with this Excel sheet?

One of our finance staff asked how this had happened but I have never seen this before.

Initially I thought it was a Freeze Panes config but the entire sheet is being repeated on the right and the area enclosed by the red ellipse can be dragged so that the position of the division between the two can be adjusted left or right.

Searching :google: for ‘excel columns duplicated’ or ‘repeated’ just brings up gazillions of links to repeating column headers or using Freeze Panes.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

VfMBsz.jpg

Thanks!

Ossian

Re: Excel columns repeated in same sheet

It is not frozen panes but there are horizontal and vertical splitter bars which allow viewing different parts of the window side by side.
    Just drag the bar you identified in your picture to the margin (cant remember if left or right) and it will revert to a single view

Blood
    Blood

Re: Excel columns repeated in same sheet

Haha! Thanks, Ossian! I knew it would be easy but as it was an Accounts file I was not going to mess with it.

I see now where I went wrong – when I use the splitter I always freeze it which converts the ‘bar’ into a ‘line’, hence why I did not recognise it.

Thanks again :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Software-Defined Backup Storage: Agnostic, Easy and Cloud-Ready

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By