EWS issues – Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 EWS issues – Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vsharma 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

First of all, I’m total noob for Exchange services. I have deployed Exchange 2013 in my lab to test one software integration via EWS. All the time, I have “Invalid credentials (401)” error, and I could not troubleshoot in detail. So I downloaded EWSEditor to test connection to my local Exchange server. After testing Exchange services configuration, I’m getting following:

Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    Exception details:
    Message: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Now, since I don’t have enough skill with Exchange nor CA, what do I need to setup (regarding certificates) on client side so EWS connection would work properly?

Ossian

Make sure the certificate (or the root CA in the issuing chain) is trusted by the other side. Where did you get the certificate?

vsharma

I just opened EWSEditor and made Exchange service. When I specify Service URL (https://exchange.domain.name/EWS/Exchange.asmx) I receive SSL error. On Exchange Admin center, I can see certificates (Microsoft Exchange Server Auth Certificate, Microsoft Exchange, WMSVC) which are all Valid.

Do you have any suggestion what could I try to test?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.