Ever seen a DHCP install do this?

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DHCP Ever seen a DHCP install do this?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tehcamel 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • biggles77
    Spectator

Never seen this before and since it is now working I isn’t going to dick around with it. Had enough trouble when the 2012 R2 Server didn’t DCPromo correctly, DNS got borked and when it all got removed we booted into a non GUI screen.

Anyway, back to my Topic question.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”large”,”data-attachmentid”:515185}[/ATTACH]

wullieb1

Multihomed server??

Ossian

I presume it had a static IP originally, so I would be checking the network adapter(s) to see if any have lost it.

biggles77
    Spectator
    wullieb1;n515186 wrote:
    Multihomed server??

SHIT! Thanks Wullie. I didn’t setup the server and I didn’t check to see if both NICs were cabled. Too old for this crap now. Too many mistakes.

biggles77
    Spectator
    Ossian;n515187 wrote:
    I presume it had a static IP originally, so I would be checking the network adapter(s) to see if any have lost it.

‘Twas the first HP server I have built but was surprised the iLO picked up a Dynamic IP from the DHCP in the Wireless/Modem/Router that was running before it was disable. Is that normal? From memory (hahahahaha) the Dell needed a Static IP for DRAC to work. This is a curiosity question. The first post was a DUH me!

For all your children out there, don’t build DCs when you are on drugs (even when a doctor prescribes them). [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”small”,”data-attachmentid”:515190}[/ATTACH]

Blood
    Blood

Yep – Dell server iDRAC’s we bought used a static .25 address assigned – it caught me out (thanks to JeremyW for identifying that one). I would have expected a management interface to have a static IP…

tehcamel

ilo will definitely grab a DHCP address. I’ve seen this as well Biggles, as long as I know it’s running properly, I’m not fussed about what it said up the top there

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.