ESX Server 3.5 – Server Consolidation Utility

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization ESX Server 3.5 – Server Consolidation Utility

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar marco34 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marco34

When running Consolidation within VC to Analysis Server ratings to plan P 2 V it fails with error: “Connection to perfmon failed. Remote registry disabled or the collector service is not running with Administrator privileges”

The Services have been checked on source server and Correct Domain admin account is authenticated for Analysis

Has anyone seen this before?

KnacK

Re: ESX Server 3.5 – Server Consolidation Utility

When you set up your credentials, did you use the format domainuser for the user name?

jasonboche

In addition to local admin rights, the service account also needs “log on as a service” right on the box to be analyzed.

Check your log files on the VirtualCenter server located at:

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataVMwareVMware Capacity PlannerLogs

and

C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataVMwareVMware Converter EnterpriseLogs

Jas

marco34

Thanks for that guys I was however using the Domainuser name syntax but needed to have the Local Security policy set to log on as a service!!

jasonboche

Excellent. Glad to help someone out.

chibo

I solved my error by running the Vmware Capacity Planner service in virtual center under an Domain administrator account.

Haim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.