Essentials Server 2016 and Server 2019 STD

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2019 Essentials Server 2016 and Server 2019 STD

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Russell Smith Russell Smith 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevinguerreiro
    Participant

Hello Everybody,

I have a Windows Server Essentials 2016 with invoice system.

And now I need a second server with Server 2019 STD for Terminal Services. My question is should I add the server 2019 as a second DC ? or just add the server 2019 as a workstation/server to the domain and activate Terminal Services in the server ?

Best Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

wullieb1

Keep your DC’s seperate from your RDS servers. Microsoft even says not to do it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc742817(v=ws.11)

If you really have to do it install the Hyper-V role on the DC and install RDS in that but even at that i’d probably not do it.

kevinguerreiro
    Participant

Thanks for the Answer.

So best thing is just join the server as a member of the domain, install RDS server and take it from there.

Thanks Allot.
    Kevin

wullieb1

That’s what i would do.’

If the server has enough grunt you could add the Hyper-V role and you can then add any number of servers that you need, including DC’s.

You will however need the relevant licencing for that.

Russell Smith
    Russell Smith
    Participant

I would back up wullieb1’s comment. Better to keep DCs separate whenever possible. Especially from RDS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.