Enable wifi

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Enable wifi

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shakes 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • aanthony13

I purchased a workstation with Windows 10 from my employer when I retired. It was a member of a domain but they never removed it from that domain. I went thru Control Panel->Network and tried to change the adapter settings to no avail. One of the companies group policies was to disable wifi. How can I get rid off all the old policies when there is no access to a DC and there are no domain accounts on the workstation or just enable thru Win10. The restriction is not in local security policies. The workstation is intended for my home and I cannot access the internet without wifi.

wullieb1

In all seriousness you should take it back to them so it can be removed from the domain and a fresh installation done.

Else download and rebuild Windows 10 on your own would be my suggestion.

shakes

i think you download window agin and rebuilt

biggles77
    Spectator
    aanthony13 wrote:
    I purchased a workstation with Windows 10 from my employer when I retired.

Personally, with the ever increasing issue Microsoft is having with Winshit 10 and the Updates, I would check to see what operating system the workstation came with originally and reinstall that. If it was Winshit 10, you have my commiserations. :beer:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.