Empty Deleted items folder when user logs off?

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Empty Deleted items folder when user logs off?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joeqwerty 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Ranga Kumar

Dear All,

I want to implement the following…

I want to empty the deleted items folder in outlook for all users in my exchange organization when users are logoff the system through the group policy.

For this I uploaded outlook templates to my group policy but i am not finding correct option in that to enble so please can any body help me in this regard.

Thanks
    kumar.

m80arm

Re: Empty Deleted items folder when user logs off?

I found the following using :google::

Quote:
    Q. Does anyone know of a way to automatically empty out or remove items older than x days out of people’s deleted items folder in Exchange?? I’m looking to see if Exchange will do this. I know that Outlook will do it, but I don’t want to go to everyone’s PC’s and set this up.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote:
    A. Yes, set up a Recipient Policy using Mailbox Manager settings and you can select which folders to manager, how old the mail is and so on to empty Deleted items.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11192-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=171562

Hope it helps

Michael

Ranga Kumar

HI Michael

I want to do with group policy only why b`cos i hav alrready some receipent polices when assaining priority it is clashing so iI want to go with group policy.

Thanks….RK

joeqwerty

If you have the Office 2003 ADM templates installed you can find this setting under “Microsoft Office Outlook 2003… Tools | Options… Other… Empty Deleted Items Folder”. Set this setting to Enabled.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.