Embed video in Powerpoint 2013 not working

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues Embed video in Powerpoint 2013 not working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar asbjorn 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jason0923
    Participant

For some reason our students can not insert youtube videos into powerpoint. I’m not sure if they ever could but now they cannot. I can under my account so its not a PC problem. However my regular account though something must be different has no admin rights. When you try and play the video it says “this video could not be started” But if I login to the same PC it works. I’m sire there are some group policies between the accounts that are different mostly to do with folder redirection etc but I cannot find they difference that is stopping it from working for the students. Has anyone else seen this?

Ossian

Ask your network admin what (if any) GPOs are in place, or run an RSoP to see, then turn off settings one by one

weirdo

There are many, I was hoping ti wouldn’t come to that.

weirdo

It turned out it was Protected mode in Internet Explorer. Of all the things

Enable protected mode for Restricted Sites:

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Security tab, and then select the Restricted Sites Zone.
    3. Select the Enable Protected Mode check box, and then click OK.
    4. Restart Internet Explorer.
    asbjorn
    jason0923;n505316 wrote:
    For some reason our students can not insert youtube videos into powerpoint. I’m not sure if they ever could but now they cannot. I can under my account so its not a PC problem. However my regular account though something must be different has no admin rights. When you try and play the video it says “this video could not be started” But if I login to the same PC it works. I’m sire there are some group policies between the accounts that are different mostly to do with folder redirection etc but I cannot find they difference that is stopping it from working for the students. Has anyone else seen this?

I always use template [MOD EDIT COMMERCIAL LINK DELETED] and problems with the embedded video does not appear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.