Email Security

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Email Security

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Lior_S 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shawn

Dear All

I have exchange 2003 setup; and i have aroud 500 remote users aroud the country; the i they are accessing their mail through POP3. Now i just wants to know that what could be the best secure method for remote users like SSL, smime or VPN with IPSec.

I just wants to secure my all mails………

Shawn

Lior_S

Re: Email Security

Short answer…RPC over HTTPS

danielp
    Participant

I’m not sure you’ll get a full-blown advice here, you’d better hire a security consultant to review your settings and recommend what needs to be changed.

Keep in mind that POP3 is initially not so secure, on the other hand, all the stuff in the users’ mailboxes is not stored on the server. Exchange is not supposed to be used as a POP3 server, remember that.

Sembee

RPC over HTTPS with a commercial SSL certificate is the preferred remote access solution. I wouldn’t use, I don’t even have it enabled on any of my servers. However as Daniel has already pointed out, securing all email can be more involved and RPC over HTTPS may not be the best solution, or may have to be implemented with something else, particularly to protect the client side.

Simon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Software-Defined Unlimited Backup Storage

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By