email forwarding address..help!

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 email forwarding address..help!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar anna25 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ldev

a user changing companies to our sister company. Different domain, Different location.

I was going to set the forwarding address to @sistercompany.com .. but will emails get caught on spam filters? because the reverse dns of that ip will point to our system and not mail.sistercompany.com

Also will incoming work?

Ossian

Re: email forwarding address..help!

If I understand you, you are forwarding incoming email for the user from your server to the sister company address — this should not be affected by spam filters any more than an email from you to your counterpart in the other company.

Outgoing email replies will come from the user’s new address, i.e. the one you are forwarding to.

anna25

how about those running reverse checks. because that email is not coming from our mail server.

Then what’s stopping anyone from spoofing our email?

Ossian

But the mail is not coming from you. A reply will come from [email protected] because that is the address you forwarded the incoming email to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.