Email Event viewer logs from servers

Home Forums Scripting PowerShell Email Event viewer logs from servers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar todd231 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    todd231
    Participant

Get-WinEvent -LogName $LogName -MaxEvents 1000 -EA SilentlyContinue | Where-Object {$_.id -in $EventID -and $_.Timecreated -gt (Get-date).AddHours(-24)} | Sort TimeCreated -Descending | Export-Csv c:\transfer\testexport.csv -NoTypeInformation

Send-MailMessage -From [email protected]-To [email protected] -SmtpServer smtp.theirdomain.com  -Subject test export -Body $Body -Attachments $Path

My assumption, probably incorrect, is that the $logname if left blank will gather all event viewer logs, or do I need specify Security, Application, etc for what I want.

I should be able to set this up as a script to run on a scheduled task as well, if I’m not mistaken.

todd231
    Participant

disregard guys, I got it…

Get-Eventlog -log application -after ((get-date).addDays(-1)) -EntryType Error, Warning | export-csv “C:\transfer\appevents.csv”

Send-MailMessage -To [email protected]-From “[email protected]” -Subject “Application Events” -Attachments “c:\transfer\appevents.csv” -SmtpServer smtp.mydomain.com

This works much, much better!

wullieb1

You need to specify the log file name, as you have found out.

todd231
    Participant

Yep! Sure did! Luckily we only need the Application log, so that worked perfectly. As you know, to change what log is exported, just change the “-log application” to “-log system” etc…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Software-Defined Backup Storage: Agnostic, Easy and Cloud-Ready

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By