Drives mapping; printers are not

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO Drives mapping; printers are not

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    shmengie

Okay, it’s just for one user, but I can’t figger it out. Last week, all the GPO pushed printers for this users started showing as offline. Reboots and gpupdate /force doesn’t help. But, like I said, her policy mapped drives are showing up. Huh? Anyone seen this? Fixed it?

W7 64; 2008 R2.

Thanks

Blood
    Blood

Have you tried removing the printers via Control Panel as well?

JeremyW
    JeremyW

Was the user working previously? Did you recently add or change the printer configuration in Group Policy?

shmengie

Hi Guys:

Thanks for chiming in.

Jeremy first: Yes, the user was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Nope, no policy changes at all.

Blood: No, I didn’t. I like that idea, though. I’ll give it a shot when I get to the office.

Keeps those ideas coming, guys!

shmengie

Yo, Blood…

So, yeah…no. Even when I make the user a local admin, you cannot delete printers pushed out by policy. Bummah.

Thanks

Blood
    Blood

Have you used RSoP to check the policies are being correctly applied? Has the user’s account been added/removed from a security group etc?

shmengie

Well…turns out, the stupid print spooler service got disabled or something; I forget exactly what my admin said. But it was the spooler service. Thanks all for jumping in!

Blood
    Blood

Damn! Occam’s Razor strikes again! Thanks for posting back with the cause of this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.