Domain Credentials

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wullieb1 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310
    Participant

Is there a way i can create domain account where a user can make changes on a domain computer such as add\remove programs, add\edit\delete files within the root, but not be able to use that account to join a computer to the domain, or log into the domain server.

Thanks

wullieb1

Not that i’m aware of.

Daft question time. Why do you want to allow users to install software on a DC??

Kobe 310
    Participant

hey wullieb1, thanks for responding!

not a server, a domain computer. ex. a computer used to check in people at the front office at a business that is part of a domain…….i’m assuming  i should have said a computer joined to the domain???

I  don’t want just anybody in the IT Dept. to have access to log into the DC. I only want them to have the ability to log into a computer joined to the domain, or a computer on the domain…(by the way, how in the hell Do i say that? sounds weird.) and make any changes that they need to, except for having the power to log into the DC, or join a computer to the DC.

Like a power user or something like that. I’ve seen tons of answers on the web, but none seem to be specific to the point. I would assume this would be a common request by IT administrators…..or not?

wullieb1

Yes it probably can be done using delegation of rights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.