Domain/BitLocker File Copy

Home Forums Other Misc Domain/BitLocker File Copy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

*** Not Sure Where This Should Be Posted So … ***

Hi,

I doubt this can be done but I figured I’d ask anyway :)

I copied some of my files (revision files, created by me) from a work, domain laptop onto a USB drive. The laptop HD was encrypted with BitLocker and it was subsequently rebuilt.

When I try to copy them off, I get the following:

“File Access Denied”
    “You’ll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file”

I’m not sure if it’s a domain thing or a BitLocker thing and, like I say above, I doubt anything can be done but, on the off-chance it can, does anyone know a way to access my files?

Thx

Keke

Ossian

Can you copy it if you do provide admin permissions?

joeqwerty

This isn’t related to BitLocker. BitLocker is a disk encryption mechanism, not a file encryption mechanism. The problem you’re experiencing is likely due to not having the appropriate NTFS permissions on the files. Taking ownership of the files should be enough to gain access to the files.

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Ossian;n510491 wrote:
    Can you copy it if you do provide admin permissions?
    joeqwerty;n510515 wrote:
    This isn’t related to BitLocker. BitLocker is a disk encryption mechanism, not a file encryption mechanism. The problem you’re experiencing is likely due to not having the appropriate NTFS permissions on the files. Taking ownership of the files should be enough to gain access to the files.

Possibly, unfortunately I haven’t found a way to provide admin credentials.

Keke

Blood
    Blood

Kyuuketsuki
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.