DNS record between linux and windows

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DNS DNS record between linux and windows

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexd 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • capricorn

Hi!

We have windows DNS server. We want to resolve name resolution from computers that are part of linux dns server.

How can I import that zone to my windows DNS?

Thanks

wullieb1
    Participant

Add a secondary zone

alexd

Secondy zone are for backup and load balancing. I dont want that.We have xby.com and now I want that ss.xby.com which is on linux can get resolution via xby.com. As per reading one can delegate that but it looks like Stub zone is better way.

alexd

not sure because the zone is already in place and I want to give that zone rights to another linux server.

wullieb1
    Participant
    capricorn;n518508 wrote:
    Secondy zone are for backup and load balancing. I dont want that.We have xby.com and now I want that ss.xby.com which is on linux can get resolution via xby.com. As per reading one can delegate that but it looks like Stub zone is better way.

At no point did you mention this. Maybe giving us a bit more information on what you actually need would be the way to go.

You could create a Stub Zone or possibly some conditional forwarding.

alexd

Sorry about that. I am trying to use Delegation but getting error when I enter the IP address in Delegation and the error sayd “Validation not supported”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.