DirSync to AzureADConnect forced upgrade

Home Forums Cloud Computing Microsoft Azure DirSync to AzureADConnect forced upgrade

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  xflat0ut 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Robbiedoo

Hi All

I have a client ho has been using DirSync for a few years, everything working great until recently when syncing stopped.

It seems that now might be a good time to upgrade to AzureADConnect.

As I understand it AzureADConnect is better installed on a different server that the local AD DC (where DirSync is currently installed) but will AzureADConnect just pick up where DirSync left off? Don’t want to set off a first sync and then find everything gets duplicated – or wiped!

Anyone else tried this?

Thanks

JeremyW

Hi Rob,

Azure AD Connect can be installed on a DC. See requirements here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-prerequisites

Here are instructions on how to upgrade from DirSync: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-dirsync-upgrade-get-started

xflat0ut

Thanks Jeremy

It’s SBS we’re talking about and the DC keeps complaining that PowerShell 3 isn’t installed, I’ve installed it several times so that’s something else I’ll have to deal with. I’ve installed Azure AD Connect on a different server to avoid the problem for now, however I want to be sure that this won’t mess up the currently sync’d accounts that are already in the cloud.

I’ll take a look at the links and see where that takes me :)

Rob

JeremyW

Ah yes, AD Connect is not supported on SBS (and I didn’t think DirSync was either). In the link it gives you instructions on moving to a new server.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.