DHCP Server Standardisation and Best Practice

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DHCP DHCP Server Standardisation and Best Practice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ossian 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

I have been given a task for standardizing all the DHCP servers with the best recommended practices. I need you help because i am not sure from where to begin with and what would be the impact of wrong implementation or mess up.

I would request you all to pour in your suggestions about from where to start, the best practices and how should i implement it.

Need you help.

Thanks in Advance

Ossian

Re: DHCP Server Standardisation and Best Practice

What do you mean by “standardising” the DHCP servers – it is not an expressions I have heard before?

If you mean “all scopes having the same settings” then it is a case of documenting, deciding on the standard settings and the modifying each scope.

If you mean “implement best practices for DHCP”, a lot depends on things we don’t know like the size of your environment, but in general using the MS wizards will give you something reasonable, and a :google: for the quoted phrase will tell you the rest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.