Deploying Printer – Client Printer Removal (Access is Denied)

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Deploying Printer – Client Printer Removal (Access is Denied)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ammelsayed 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Jtek

Hello i have created a GPO script that deploys printers to client machines all went well. I then modified the script to delete a specific
    printer from the users i created. So if they log in that specific printer gets deleted when user logs in but i keep getting this message when i log in with any of my created users. I’m using windows server 2012r2. Any ideas?

biggles77
    Spectator

Are you trying to remove it from the User or Computer in the GPO? Remember that the User can install a printer so it stands that it can remove them either. I assume you are not actually running a script to install the printers but the GPO tool.

ammelsayed
    biggles77;n514716 wrote:
    Are you trying to remove it from the User or Computer in the GPO? Remember that the User can install a printer so it stands that it can remove them either. I assume you are not actually running a script to install the printers but the GPO tool.

I’m trying to remove it from the computer so when a user logs in the printer will be deleted. I am using a script to add printers through GPO but i want to modify the script to remove that specific printer from the user.

biggles77
    Spectator

Ok, now somewhere on the Forums there is a script that will do that. I will have a look for it and post the link back here when I find it.

Just a curiosity question, why are you using a script when you can add the printers using a plain old standard GPO?

Shit, found it real quick. Read the whole post as it may explain why you are not able to delete some printers. I had the same problem but the genius:bowdown: REMS :bowdown:was able to explain and resolve my issue. If you add both removal scripts to your script then you will likely not have a delete printer problem.
    https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/w…etting-default

Also, run the script under Computer and NOT User or it won’t work.

ammelsayed
    biggles77;n514758 wrote:
    Ok, now somewhere on the Forums there is a script that will do that. I will have a look for it and post the link back here when I find it.

Just a curiosity question, why are you using a script when you can add the printers using a plain old standard GPO?

Shit, found it real quick. Read the whole post as it may explain why you are not able to delete some printers. I had the same problem but the genius:bowdown: REMS :bowdown:was able to explain and resolve my issue. If you add both removal scripts to your script then you will likely not have a delete printer problem.
    https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/w…etting-default

Also, run the script under Computer and NOT User or it won’t work.

I manged to figure it out this is what i used…

reg query HKCUPrintersConnections |find “Printer-name” && goto delete

:delete
    rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dn /q /n”\Server-namePrinter-name”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.