Deleting Folders from Mailbox

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Deleting Folders from Mailbox

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar danzmanz 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    danzmanz

thanks for that worked like a charm..

now i am trying to delete parent folders from a users shared mailbox and getting the same message. Its not public so I cant do it through ESM but the mailbox rights have been granted to full access.

Sembee

Re: deleting public folders

If the account has full mailbox access then you should be able to do anything with the mailbox.

Simon.

danzmanz

you would like to think so. i have given full access in AD for mailbox rights and i have made them owner on the highest parent folder in outlook. still same problem, they cannot delete folders with subfollders.

v-2nas

Hi,

Seems like you permission to pf are messed up. Use this tool PFDevAdmin
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en

first fix the permission on parent folder and give correct permission and then delete it.

danzmanz

v-2nas;198315 wrote:
    Hi,

Seems like you permission to pf are messed up. Use this tool PFDevAdmin
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en

first fix the permission on parent folder and give correct permission and then delete it.

thanks for the tip, i connected to all mailboxes, when i expand a mailbox account i get ‘coudnt expand (mailbox) and connect to underlying object unexpeced error occurred during send’ something along those lines.

v-2nas

Hi ,

Check this post
    http://www.msexchange.org/articles/PFDavAdmin-tool-Part1.html

This will help you. You need to have specific permission to run this tool also Try to run it using you exchange administrator account.

danzmanz

deleting shared mailbox parent folders

v-2nas;198399 wrote:
    Hi ,

Check this post
    http://www.msexchange.org/articles/PFDavAdmin-tool-Part1.html

This will help you. You need to have specific permission to run this tool also Try to run it using you exchange administrator account.

the article is only refers to public mailboxes. That problem was resolved but i am experiencing the same issue with shared mailboxes.

I changed the title to avoid confusion.

v-2nas

Re: deleting shared mailbox parent folders

Hi ,

So you have opened a shared mailbox and now you are trying to delete public folder from your parent mailbox… you need to verify parent mailbox permission on shared mailbox. The way you can do that is go to AD (where you exchange system manager installed) go to the properties of shared mailbox go to exchange advanced tab, mailbox access.

danzmanz

its not a public folder, it is a user created to share the mailbox between a department. its an additional mailbox.

i am trying to delete a folder with subfolders from an additional mailbox. yes i have already given full mailbox rights and owner permissions on the parent folders. its like it doesnt propagate upwards if you know what i mean.

Sembee

Re: Deleting Folders from Mailbox

As this is now about deleting folders from a mailbox, which is completely different to Public Folder settings, I have moved the rest of this thread to a new question with a new title, which is how it should have been managed in the first place.

Simon
    Exchange Forum Moderator.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.