Default Domain Security was applied incorrectly ?????

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO Default Domain Security was applied incorrectly ?????

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar sorinso 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nguyennp

Hi,

I have just got a new work on a system. The old administrator set a policy so that every times user log on, a .pps file was automatically executed. I know this policy in Group Policy. Logged on using an domain account on my computer, I ran Resultant Set of Policy and knew that this setting was from Default Domain Security ( the path : User Configurations….SystemLogonRun a program….) but when I check Default Domain Security, this setting was not configured ( the same for Computer configurations).:confused:

How can I find this setting and remove it. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I aslo checked Local Policy. The DC is Windows Server 2003 Standard SP1.

sorinso

Re: Default Domain Security was applied incorrectly ?????

I would do this:
    Login to a computer, with one of the users that display the PPS file.
    Run at command prompt gpresult > c:gpos.txt.
    Run at command prompt notepad c:gpos.txt .
    Open GPMC and check each GPO that is listed under User Configuration -> Applied GPOs in the TXT file displayed in Notepad. Check in Settings tab (click show all to see all the settings) which one has a PPS file.
    That should do. Hope this will solve the problem. Keep the forum posted.

nguyennp

sorinso;61153 wrote:
    I would do this:
    Login to a computer, with one of the users that display the PPS file.
    Run at command prompt gpresult > c:gpos.txt.
    Run at command prompt notepad c:gpos.txt .
    Open GPMC and check each GPO that is listed under User Configuration -> Applied GPOs in the TXT file displayed in Notepad. Check in Settings tab (click show all to see all the settings) which one has a PPS file.
    That should do. Hope this will solve the problem. Keep the forum posted.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried the way you showed me this moring. In .txt file, there’re only 2 GPOs applied to my user account : Default Domain Policy and Local Policy. Again, I check these 2 Policies and nothing related to .pps file. (
    As you saw in my previous post, I use Resultant Set of Policy check and surely this setting ( play .pps automatically) was applied from Default Domain Policy).

sorinso

Can you post a screenshot of the RSOP output? Make it a JPG, please. And erase any info you don’t want made public (like domain names and such…).
    It might be a permissions issue? That you actually don’t see the Default Domain Policy as it should?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.