default browser in Outlook

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook default browser in Outlook

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar redearl 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redearl

I’m having an issue changing the default Browser in Outlook 2016, running on windows 10.
    if I open a mail message, and click the open in a browser, it opens WORD by default.
    I’ve set my browser (Firefox) as the default, and done all the other things that i can find on changing it within outlook.
    it still opens WORD.
    Any one have any ideas

wullieb1

I’ve had a look at my system and it appears that when you open the attachment it will open it as a .mht attachment

C:Userswullieb1AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindowsINetCacheContent.OutlookSSFE19PSemail (003).mht

Go into the Default Apps by file type and set this to IE or Firefox and see if that resolves it.

redearl

Thank you for the reply.
    I tried that, and it caused other errors.
    File not found, the path it listed did not exist, so some thing else is screwed up..
    Here is the path /C:/Users/XXXXxX/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/S91YWTG0/email.mht.that is reported in Firefox.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for this Petri Webinar!

Want to Make Your Backup Storage Unlimited & Ready for the Cloud? – Free Thurrott Premium Account with Webinar Registration!

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ 1:00 pm EDT

A Scale-Out Backup storage infrastructure is a must-have technology for your backups. In this webinar, join expert Rick Vanover for a look on what real-world problems are solved by the Scale-Out Backup Repository.

Register Now

Sponsored By