Create an iso of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server SP1 2016

Home Forums Other Microsoft Servers and SaaS MS Dynamics Create an iso of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server SP1 2016

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  VictorL 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • balubeto

Hi

How do I create an iso of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server SP1 2016 from a MSDN ISO of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2016 and an exe file of its SP1?

Thanks

Bye

biggles77
    Spectator

I haven’t posted here in several months and in all that time, it seems Google is still not known to you.
    An answer to your post.

handrian
    biggles77;n505988 wrote:
    I haven’t posted here in several months and in all that time, it seems Google is still not known to you.
    An answer to your post.

Perhaps you did not understand.

I have the en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2016_x86_x64_dvd_7171743.iso file and its en_microsoft_dynamics_crm_server_2016_sp1_x86_x64_8806223.exe SP1 file.

What’s the proper procedure to create the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2016 SP1 DVD?

Thanks

Bye

Ossian

The search phrase you are looking for is “slipstreamed install” where you merge the extracted contents of the SP exe file with the (extracted) contents of the ISO, then burn a new ISO following the instructions Chris (Biggles) provided.

Not sure about CRM 2016 but a quick :google: suggests this is not entirely straightforward, probably because of changes to the underlying database schema (e.g. https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/053e4ecb-5c72-4caf-9bfc-b7400fb1f33e/slipstreaming-an-installation-of-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011?forum=crmdeployment)

Why are you wanting to do this?

Thanks
    Dye

VictorL

I came across a great resource that can actually be helpful for anyone in seeking solutions related to dynamics CRM and its use in various settings. Everyone should check it [TABLE=”border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0, width: 331″]
    [TR]
    [TD=”class: xl64, width: 441″] Link removed, spammer banned.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

biggles77
    Spectator
    balubeto wrote:
    Perhaps you did not understand.

No, you did NOT explain or describe exactly what YOU were trying to do. Think of it like the protocol TCP. The sender sends a packet to the receiver. If the sender doesn’t include the appropriate information in the packet (message) then the receiver send back an HUH? response. It is the responsibility of the sender (YOU) to make sure the receiver (us the READERS) understand what message is being sent. It is not the job of the receiver to try and figure out what a poorly formatted and information devoid message means.

You have 317 posts in 5 years and you still haven’t figured that out or how to use :google: yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.