Corrupt Drive Icons

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Corrupt Drive Icons

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    janetb

[SIZE=14px]Hi,

How can I get my default drive icons back? See attachment. Deleting the DriveIcons folder did not help.
    This happened after my whole system was restored to a new HDD from a backup (AOMEI).

Thanks,
    Janet[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n495274[/ATTACH]

Ossian

Is it just for your user profile, or is it global (try logging on as another user to check – preferably a new profile

janetb
    Ossian;n495275 wrote:
    Is it just for your user profile, or is it global (try logging on as another user to check – preferably a new profile

Hi Ossian,

First, is there a way I can get notified of posts to this thread? I used to get them automatically.

There is and always has been only me on the computer. The problem started when my HD died and I put my system on a new HD using an AOMEI backup. Notice that it is only with the local disks.

janetb

PS I am already “Subscribed” to this thread, but did not get any notification of your post.

Ossian

Yes, I understand you are the user, but I am trying to establish if it is a profile issue or something deeper.

Not sure about the notifications, but will flag this for further attention.

Blood
    Blood

Have you seen this tutorial on changing/restoring Windows 7 drive icons:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/65828-drive-icon-change.html

janetb

Hi Blood–I just came to the site and found your post. Will have a look.

HOW CAN I GET NOTIFICATIONS OF REPLIES to my post??? I always used to get them automatically. I am already subscribed to this thread.

Thanks.

Blood
    Blood

If you are having issues with the site you should post in the Suggestions and Feedback sub-forum here: https://www.petri.com/forums/forum/general-chat/suggestions-and-feedback

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.