Connecting to the Outgoing mail server

Home Forums Networking General Networking Connecting to the Outgoing mail server

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Blood Blood 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skeating

Hello

This may seem a strange problem, but I am trying to connect to the Outgoing mail server, using Outlook. If I setup the IMAP configuration, and use my Verizon hot spot to connect to the internet, I can connect to the Outgoing mail server and send email. If I take the same laptop and plug it into my Cox router, though, I cannot connect to the Outgoing mail server. I have person at a different site, who has the same problem connecting to the same mail server, using Verizon DSL. He is not trying to connect by wireless. When I go onto the server and test the DNS and outbound route, everything tests fine. I cannot telenet to the mail server from the Cox connection. Is there something I need to do on site, or do I have to contact the various ISPs to get the connection to work?

Thanks

joeqwerty

What outgoing server?

scowles

Another possibility… some internet providers block outbound TCP/25 (SMTP) connections. I know mine does. I have to send (relay) outbound e-mail through their SMTP server. My internet provider also posted a knowledge base documenting how to configure your mail client to send outbound e-mail.

Blood
    Blood

This may be a Verizon issue: “Verizon announced: “Maintaining the security and integrity of your information is important to us. Effective November 15, 2016, for enhanced security and phishing protection, we are eliminating the ability to use non-local “from” addresses in conjunction with your verizon.net email account.””

Taken from here: http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/46942.aspx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.