Circular logging

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Circular logging

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar AndyJG247 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shawn

Hello All,

I am migrating my exchange 2000 to exchange 2003, i have follwed the document by Simon Butler. Everything is going fine, half of the user is already migrated……..but one strange issue if i enable circular logging than exchange is behaving like standard logging means it is creating new log file after a certain size(5 mb), if i uncheck the circular loggin its not creating new log file.

please suggest what is this?

shawn

AndyJG247

Re: Circular logging

Are you restarting the store service after each change?

shawn

No andy, i am not restarting store service after any change. Infact everything is going on smothly…….no error, mine all desktop users are now on new server only some roaming users need to be migrated. only issue is with Cirular logging behaviour…………….anyways thanks for the reply

Thanks
    Shawn

joeqwerty

When you change the logging, I believe you have to restart the Exchange IS for the change to take affect. Try rebooting the server after making the log change.

Sembee

Just to support what has already been said, logging changes on take effect when the information store service is restarted, as it is a behaviour change. Restarting the server would have the same effect obviously.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314605

Simon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.