cant login after changing domain name

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password cant login after changing domain name

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar tyler1uk 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jspxbs

I made the typical mistake changed the domain of my company laptop that I use and after rebooting, it simply will not let me login. Now I know of the local admin password reset method but I want to know that after using this method can I again restore back to the company domain and use my original username and password and use company lan etc once I get back to office( I still work there). If you recommend asking the company IT guy then the fact is I am presently on holiday at a far away location to take back the laptop and also I dont wanna appear as some noob.

Ossian

Re: cant login after changing domain name

You can’t rejoin a domain without some contact with the DC so, unless you can set up a VPN, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

Is there anyone you can blame it on when you contact the IT guy? :twisted:

tyler1uk

Re: cant login after changing domain name

Ossian;246735 wrote:
    You can’t rejoin a domain without some contact with the DC so, unless you can set up a VPN, I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

Is there anyone you can blame it on when you contact the IT guy? :twisted:

You were right. I resetted the admin password and tried changing the domain after logging in but was unable to do so. Fortunately I did a system restore and tada.. domain was restored and I can log back in using the domain username:lol:.
    Now as long as I dont need to return back the laptop for servicing I guess they wont find out about it :cool:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.