Can’t log on. Domain not found.

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Can’t log on. Domain not found.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lopertommy 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Lopertommy
    Participant

Ok I got a hp that has windows xp pro running on it. I try to log on domain not found.  I’ve tried to start it up in safe mode to get in with admin it says same thing. I try to log in with command prompt and i get no command prompt. I have run the windows password and reg edit it tells me passwords are all blank. I try all kinds of stuff I have found on net but nothing works. It won’t log on without domain being  available. Can anyone help me.

wullieb1

Connect to the domain and retry. Its possibly cached credentials that have expired.

Lopertommy
    Participant

Can’t log on to domain no longer available

Ossian

Are you saying the domain no longer exists?   If so (and unless you have the TimeTravel(TM) Service Pack) you wont be able to login to it!

Or is that the message you are getting?

Tell us a bit more about your environment and we may be able to help you, but at the moment the lack of any useful information is making it difficult.

Blood
    Blood

If your XP is on a domain and domain controllers for that domain exist on the same network you probably have a DNS issue which can be fixed by logging in using a local account (an account that exists on the XP machine, not on the domain) and not a domain account.

If you have acquired this computer and are using it on a network where no domain exists – i.e. it is a ‘workgroup’ or perhaps a different domain, you can still log onto the computer using a local account.

We need to know which of these apply to your situation.

Lopertommy
    Participant

It was one I acquired from someone. I went on and but the bullet and done a complete reinstall on it. Could not log on at all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.