Cannot find registry key in GPO

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Cannot find registry key in GPO

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Oliver2016

Hi,

Server: Windows Server 2012 R2
    Cliënts: Windows 10 Pro
    Office version: 2016

I’m want to change the location where the deleted items of a shared mailbox are saved. According to several websites i can do this bij creating a DWORD value in the following registry key;

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOfficex.0OutlookOptionsGeneral

Locally on the workstations i can find this key, but i want to create a GPO that creates the value on every computer in the domain. When i create a GPO and edit it, i cannot find the registry key for Office anywhere.

It only goes as far as HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoft and then no Office exists. Also in the HKEY_Local_Machine i cannot find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Ossian

Does the computer where you are editing the GPO have office installed – if not, the path wont exist (on that computer)
    Install GPMC and GPEdit on a computer with the correct version(s) of Office

Anonymous

Or you can use the Registry wizard to navigate to a PC with Office already installed and a user logged on, and pick up the value from there.

JeremyW

Browsing the registry is to make it easier but you can just type in the key path. So if you’re looking for a setting that is only on the workstations, you can just type in the path, set the type and value and it will apply correctly, even if you don’t see the key on the local computer where you’re doing the configuration.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.