Can I install Vista in my PC with xp installed?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Windows Vista Can I install Vista in my PC with xp installed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gforceindustries 11 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bspkumar

I am working as a technical support executive for Brigade Inc.( Fresher )

We support HP notebooks shipped with Vista and xp.

So I would like to install Vista in my PC so that I will be familiar with vista .

But I would like to have both vista and xp.

I would like to know what I have to consider before installing vista.( Tips and Tricks )

My system details :

Processor : Intel Dual core 1.6 GHz

RAM : 1Gb

Hard Disk : 160 Gb SATA

Re: Can I install Vista in my PC with xp installed?

I think that you need more memory if nothing else. At least another gig, another 2 would be preferable. I also think that your CPU will let you down with regards to performance.

If you’re asking if it’s possible to dual-boot XP and Vista, then yes it is http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dual+boot+xp+vista

You’ll need to create a partition on your hard drive to install Vista.

Daniel has a number of articles on the site about tweaking Vista to improve performance.

Nonapeptide

Which edition of Vista are you considering installing? Vista Business will give you a different experience than Vista Ultimate on those hardware specs. I’ve heard of very favorable experiences with Vista Business on a P4 with (I think) 1GB or RAM, so I think you should be fine.

Are you thinking about dual booting or using a virtual machine? Of course, if you use a VM then you’ll certainly need at least another GB of RAM, preferably two. You may want to read up on the subject of dual booting the two. Specifically, I think dual booting with XP installed first is a bit of a headache. Here’s a tutorial on dual booting the two with XP installed first.

uk_network

I’d get as much ram as ur system can handle and go with vmware. That way u can run both os’s at once and work on them both at the same time.

Ossian

Reported for move to Vista forum as this has nothing to do with Server OS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.