Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

Home Forums Security General Security Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Euphrates 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bspkumar

> I am using sify ISP with limited data tarnsfer package.
    >My ISP is showing that i have downloaded 1200 MB which is not true.
    >I did’nt turned on the PC on the date prescribed by ISP but it showing i have downloaded 1200 MB and has cut down 20 valid days
    >I think some one has hacked my system.
    So i am requesting you to tell the best way to protect my system from malware and internet
    Thanks in advace.

Wired

Re: Best way and best software to protect my system from malware and Internet?

If your system wasn’t on, it couldn’t have been “hacked”. Do you have a wireless network?

Euphrates

Are you using Windows XP and have updates set to download and install automatically?

Do you go to Youtube or other video website and watch movies?

vbolgar

Hi there.
    1. Probably someone stole your ISP requisites, i.e. username+password for PPPoE connection?
    2. Once, there is a lot internet traffic over a month limit (60 GB instead of 20 GB) and all “big company” managers were in shock and though that all network resources were hacked from internet ))) After a long investigation we found that one of their employer logged on to online game server, and therefore have a lot of that traffic.

biggles77
    Spectator

No more comments until the OP posts back as we are all now just guessing. I am thinking the 2nd post hit the nail on the head.

Ossian

vbolgar;127836 wrote:
    Hi there.
    1. Probably someone stole your ISP requisites, i.e. username+password for PPPoE connection?

Is DSL not also tied to the phone number?

biggles77
    Spectator

Ossian;127850 wrote:
    Is DSL not also tied to the phone number?

Damn good point Tom. Missed that one. :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.