Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at once?

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at once?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar bspkumar 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bspkumar

My hard disk is going to fail. I have collected data over 3 years.Please help me.

I heard that nlite and ghost will do this. But, I would like to have the suggestion from experts like you.

OS XP SP2
    Environment : Home PC.

Thank you.

joeqwerty

Re: Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at on

OK, now this is your third post. You need to read the forum rules. Posting the same problem multiple times is not going to get you help any faster and may get you banned.

bspkumar

Re: Best software/method to instal( XP + service pack + Drivers + Applications )at on

I am sorry, I am posting the questions on different topics separately for your convenience.
    One is for bootable disk and one is for slipstreaming.

Thank you.

Ossian

If you have a 3 year old OS install, IMHO back up your data and nuke it — start with a fresh install, then let Microsoft Update do the rest
    You will need to reinstall Apps but again, it is a chance to clean out the ones you dont need

L4ndy

Far from an expert but as an enthusiast I can reinforce the roumors you’heard that with nLite you can slipstream and customise your installation image to the way you want to inc drivers, sp hotfixe etc. But as far as I am aware, you can’t slipstream applications.
    You can use any other imaging software (Ghost) for that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.