Beeps During Normal Operation

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Beeps During Normal Operation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar AndyJG247 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi,

I’m getting a weird issue … every so often my work laptop beeps at me. Usually it’s 3 beeps (actually more like those beepy thud sounding noises you sometimes ge when you try to access the window under a dialog box that obscures it), each about a half-second apart I guess, and it happens maybe once every 5 minutes. Ocassionally 4 or more beeps but they seem to be faster (less time in between) … I just had one that was about 7 beeps.

Looking around there seems to be some hint that it’s memory related (something to do with a memory error in the first 64K). There are no errors that I can see in the normal Windows event logs. Someone else said he solved his problem by rolling back the configuration … I suppose that’s my next step though I’m a bit wary of it as I figure I could screw my build which is a company one. Obviously I could also rebuild from scratch but that’s a pain.

Like anyone in IT I have my own setup … the laptop (a Lenovo T510) has a docking station, MS wireless keyboard and a second screen running off the displayport (so I run typically with 2 screens). The error doesn’t stop me working but is irritating.

Any ideas?

Keke

AndyJG247

Re: Beeps During Normal Operation

This where you looked?
    http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-74394

Kyuuketsuki
    Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

AndyJG247;269229 wrote:

No … I’m not talking about POST by the way, I’m talking about during normal desktop operation, the system boots fine.

I’ve disabled Windows Beep (went into device manager, show hidden devices, non-plug & play drivers, beep, properties, driver and set startup to disbaled) and, following reboot, I can confirm that Windows beep service is not running but I still get the problem i.e. it’s not that sort of beep.

Keke

Lior_S

Go to
    Control PanelEase of AccessEase of Access CenterUse text or visual alternatives for sounds[/CODE]

Enable the first check box, might give you some clue next time it happens.[CODE]Control PanelEase of AccessEase of Access CenterUse text or visual alternatives for sounds[/CODE]

Enable the first check box, might give you some clue next time it happens.

Kyuuketsuki
    Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Lior_S;269241 wrote:
    Go to … enable the first check box, might give you some clue next time it happens.

Thanks … interestingly the beeps have stopped. I don’t know why that is.

When I had the problem I rebooted several times with no effect but following an overnight complete switch off it now seems OK … as obvious as it seems with hindsight, I didn’t try that.

Thanks for the help.

Keke

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.