Attaching Network printers in Windows Vista Home Premium

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Windows Vista Attaching Network printers in Windows Vista Home Premium

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar akitafan 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kawawa2011

I am fairly new and I hope I am posting in the right place and that I am not creating redundant posts.

I have a Windows Server 2003 Server configured with all necessary network services. At the same time, I have about 5 Windows Vista Home Premium Clients that require access to network resources like printers and shared drives.

I have used the NET USE command in a batch file that I have added to the startup folder of each Vista computer in which I have specified the drives that are mapped on each machine, and I have also added the username and password switches to each path, however, when I add the printer share to the batch file, the path does not run. Afert each reboot and login, I need to run the \[printerserver]printername path and add the username and password each time I have to print anything. If I dont, I am unable to access the printer. What changes to my configurations should I take into consideration in order to make this setup a onetime event?

akitafan

Re: Attaching Network printers in Windows Vista Home Premium

Try this:

NET USE [LPTx:] \ComputerNameprinter_share /PERSISTENT:YES

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.