add Domain users into local power users group

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 add Domain users into local power users group

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Max Dembo 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Max Dembo

Hi,
    I’m trying to add every domain users (Windows Server 2008 R2 domain in a test lab) into local power user group.
    I have created a GPO linked to an OU containing the computer accounts and I have edited the Restricted Groups under the Computer Configuration node.
    Then I have created the domaindomain users group and i have added power users into the section “This group is a member of”.
    Now the client (WinXP) has into the local power users group the domaindomain users group but when I try to install a simple application like adobe flash player I receive an error (needed more privileges).
    Is there an error?
    Thanks in advance.

simonsays

Re: add Domain users into local power users group

most applications require admin rights and I think flash is one of them.

Max Dembo

I think the procedure is correct because I can modify the time settings.
    Power users cannot install software that modify OS system files or install system services.
    Bye.

biggles77
    Spectator

What is your ultimate aim here? To allow users to install software and adjust the time? Time should be syncing with the DC. Software can be deployed by GPO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.