ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Lancashire-ep 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #132921

    Hi,

    First off I would like to say that I’ve found many of the articles found on petri.co.il very insightful and useful.

    Secondly I’d like to apologies if this problem has been posted somewhere else, I have done a number of searches here and on google and the solution still eludes me.

    The Problem
    Late last year my company started using WM6 with ActiveSync as their solution to email on mobile devices. Using the information on petri.co.il I sucessfully got everything up and running including “The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration tool”.

    Unfortunately the “Devices” page has just recently stopped working when searching for paired devices, A search such as the one displayed in this image http://www.petri.com/images/mobile_admin.gif showed the error shown on SS1.GIF
    There doesn’t seem to be an event log entry for this error.

    I’ve followed the advice on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916960 but that has not helped.

    Any one have any idea what causes this problem and how to solve it?

    Useful Information
    Exchange: Exchange 2003 Standard SP2
    OS: Windows Server 2003 (R1) SP2
    Note: This server is functioning as a back & front server, The server is functioning as a DC.

    The WM6 devices syncronise fine.

    If any one requires any more information don’t hesitate to ask.

    Thanks in advance to any one who reads and/or replies to this topic.

    Richard

    #328482

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    As an update I’ve done/tried the following:

    -Unistalled MobileAdmin Tool, rebooted followed by a re-install
    same problem still exists

    -Restarted IIS
    same problem still exists

    note: IE7 is installed on the system
    psapi.dll has been renamed psapi.dll.old
    in accordance with MS KB932513

    The following error has also been encountered within ESM:
    -When viewing contents of a public folder the attached images show an error
    followed by a logon screen for usual webmail access.

    Any one have any light on this?

    Is it a possibility that all these problems are related?

    Richard

    Avatar
    Sembee
    Member
    #256928

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    It certainly looks related. Something is wrong with asp.net.

    Try repairing it first.

    “C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkaspnet_regiis.exe” -i

    where “” is the version of asp.net that you want to repair. It will be 1.1 something.

    Simon.

    #328483

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a go tonight and see how things go.

    Richard

    #328484

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    Last night I reinstalled .net using the following command:
    “C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322aspnet_regiis.exe” -i
    rebooted the machine.

    1st search unsuccessful – same error
    2nd search successful
    more tries successful

    However I checked it today and it came up with the following error:
    “HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out”

    Using the following site: http://www.ironspeed.com/

    I resolved the timeout error by inserting the following code:
    [/CODE]
    into web.config file

    However, it seems that the original problem still exists.
    The ESM error still exists too.

    —-

    My thoughts on this is that there might be be a program interfering with it.
    Any thoughts?

    Richard[CODE]<httpruntime
    maxRequestLength=”10240″
    executionTimeout=”36000″
    />[/CODE]
    into web.config file

    However, it seems that the original problem still exists.
    The ESM error still exists too.

    —-

    My thoughts on this is that there might be be a program interfering with it.
    Any thoughts?

    Richard

    Avatar
    Sembee
    Member
    #256946

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    You shouldn’t need to make any changes to the web pages for them to work. Therefore interference is something that should be considered. What else is on the server?

    Simon.

    #328485

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    Hi Simon,

    In addition to the server being a DC and having Exchange installed.

    • IBM Tivoli – backs up exchange database & files on the server over TCP on the internet to a remote location
    • APC UPS monitor
    • AVG 8 Datacenter – Seems to be acting up, going to re-install
    • AVG 8 AV
    • AVG for Exchange 2000/2003/2007
    • .net framework 1.1/2/3
    • MS SQL Server Desktop Engine

    Richard

    #328486

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    After uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of AVG remote admin, and a reboot it seems I can once again search/wipe/delete devices from user accounts.

    I will check later on today and tomorrow morning to see if this is still the case.

    Richard

    #328487

    Re: ActiveSync MobileAdmin Tool: Device search causes error

    Every thing still seems to be working well with mobile admin tool now.

    However I’m still working on the content problem in ESM.

    Richard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.