Active Directory problems in Advance server

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Active Directory problems in Advance server

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Si_Pe 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Si_Pe

Hello all,

I have a problem and I am not too sure which way to tackle it for the best.

My server setup is the following.

2 DC’s on one domain both running 2k server with sp4 and all recent updates installed. Both running DHCP and DNS.

The issue I have is that the main server is dying slowly and it appears that its the only server processing logons etc. I have checked server 2 as a Global catalogue server but it doesn’t seem to be working. When I run a Dcdiag i get errors about the DC being down and when I look at the operations master on the server 1 it displays Error.

DNS seems to be working ok but I guess this issue will be down to DNS. Both servers have the SYSVOL share and are replication works between both servers.

I have read about seizing the roles but I want to fully understand this before I do it. Server one will have to be rebuilt the same name etc as its a main till server etc. My main question I guess is what happens when I seize the roles on this server, will people still be able to logon etc or once you have seized do you need to remove the server and rebuild it?

I am not sure where to go with this and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.