Active Directory not creating User mail boxes

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Active Directory not creating User mail boxes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ssmith 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • ssmith

I have installed exchange 2007 Sp1 on server 2008, I can send email and receive email and the exchange analyzer tool gives a clean report.

my problem is when I go to Active directory users and computers and create a new account it does not create the exchange mail box.

If I go into the exchange management console and create the mail box there, it DOES create the AD user account.

I am assuming that I just missed a step somewhere along the line, can anyone provide information on what I should look for?

(by the way this is the first exchange install of any version I have done, so I am reasonably confident I missed a step somewhere just don’t know where)

James Haynes

Re: Active Directory not creating User mail boxes

this is normal. if i create an account from ADUC without the exchange pack installed, then it takes time for the email stuff to get finished.

if i do it from the exchange box, not a problem.

its not a problem for me, because the majority i do is exchange related and i always use the exchange ADUC mmc.

ssmith

Thanks for the quick reply.

So if I read this correctly then I should just plan on using the Ex Management Console to create users.

It’s not really a problem for me as long as the users get created.

I was just confused because our other domain runs on Server 2003 and Ex2007 and it creates the mail boxes for us, but that was a migration/upgrade from 2003 and I don’t know how it was configured as that person is no longer working here.

Sembee

The behaviour hasn’t changed between OS.
    If you create a user account on a domain with Exchange 2007 installed through ADUC then it will NOT be mail enabled. The link between Exchange and ADUC has been broken. You would not have been able to create mailboxes through ADUC on Windows 2003 with Exchange 2007.

The only thing I can think of that is happening on the other site is that machine has the Exchange 2003 tools installed.

Simon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.